For a full history of the Calvert during the 1950s, please see pages 20 to 26 in this downloadable A History of the USS Calvert (APA-32) by David B. Cullen (1986).
Here are a few individual pages of ’50s-era history provided by former crew members:
- Ship’s photographs from the early 1950s
- Deck photos, early 1950s
- Photographs from 1954 (provided by Al Bradbury, RDM ’53-’56)
- 1954 Far East Cruise Book
- Links to mentions of the USS Calvert participating in the “Passage to Freedom” operation:
- USS Skagit’s page for the Passage to Freedom operation (Several comments regarding crew members’ aboard the Calvert for this operation).